The “gym” is a lot of different things to different people.
This is a random list of things I’ve learned from working with the coaches and athletes of Shark Bite, and from doing CrossFit in general.
- I can do way more than I ever thought I could.
- The simplest workouts? Those are the hardest. The opposite is usually the case as well.
- Even now, after all these years, when another coach tells me something, they’re usually right.
- Learning something new is still really fun.
- Twenty minutes can actually take an hour (especially if burpees are involved).
- Encouraging others is the most fulfilling thing I can possibly do.
- Getting that same encouragement back feels GREAT.
- I love working out with a bunch of other people.
- I wish I’d started jump roping WAY earlier in life.
- Getting good at something happens from doing a little bit for a long time, NOT a lot all at once.
- The strongest muscle in my body is between my ears. Working out REALLY strengthens this one.
- Almost nothing feels as good as shutting my brain off to the outside world, and focusing on a workout.
- It’s still REALLY cool to climb a rope.
- Getting to the gym is usually the hardest part. Once I’m there, it’s all gravy.
Hope your day is going well!
Inspiration provided by Denis Paradis at Catalystgym.com.